Terms & Conditions
Under these terms and conditions we RBF Group Ltd T/A Polished Plastics(the company) agree to supply you (the customer) with the goods and services detailed on the face of this contract.
Services included within these terms and conditions – Cleaning of uPVC, including windows and doors, roofline, soffit and guttering, uPVC conservatory’s including roof panels. uPVC trims and other uPVC products.
Re-pair or installation of uPVC Products Including - guttering, fascia and soffit, and downpipes, uPVC trims and other uPVC products.
1. The contract
- All the terms of the contract are contained in this document. If you require any changes to the contract please ask for written confirmation from the company director Mr Robert Brian Findley.
- These conditions, together with a signed contract, constitute a complete record of the terms of supply and/or installation.
2. Specifications and Services
- Our policy is to continually improve and develop our products, this being the case we may alter or improve a specification of a product. You the customer will be informed of any changes in writing.
- Goods supplied and fitted by us - you may only alter the order if we have not started to purchase the goods or set aside raw materials or agreed delivery dates with one of our suppliers.
- Payment for the price agreed on this contract or any variation to the contract must be paid after all items have been installed. The goods remain the property of the company until paid for in full.
- We request that all complaints are reported to us in accordance with our complaints policy. If the installation is not completed to your satisfaction you may withhold a proportionate amount until the reported issues have been resolved.
- The company reserves the right to cancel this contract with immediate effect in the event that company receives an unsatisfactory credit reference report on the customer.
- You should pay all amounts due under this contract by the method agreed on the contract. Any variation in contract must be agreed on a separate variation of contract.
- If you fail to pay us on the due date, we will be able to charge you interest (both before and after judgement) on the amount you have not paid at rate of 3% a month above HSBC Bank plc base rate. We will charge interest until you pay us in full.
- Any free products offered to customers will only be issued when full payment of contract is received, except components that make up the integral part of the installation.
- We will appoint a surveyor who will inspect the proposed installation. The sales agent cannot carry out a full survey and the details on the contract will be representative of an assessment. If there alterations to the contract you will be notified by the surveyor and alterations will be subject to a separate contract. We will write and inform you of any price increase required with the reasons by variations of contract from the surveyor’s report. You may cancel this contract if you are not happy with this new price.
- the Company shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the price quoted by its representatives at the time of contract is correct. The installation of the company’s products is however a “made to measure” exercise. The company will arrange for a surveyor to visit for the purpose of measurement and survey. If following such a survey. If following a survey it becomes apparent the installation has been under priced by a company representative due to a genuine mistake by the company representative then the company will promptly inform the customer by way of variation of contract, of the reasons for the price increase being necessary and both parties will attempt to agree a revised price for the installation.
- In the event that asbestos is identified it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure the safe removal and payment to the relevant parties and the company will not undertake any involvement in the process and may withdraw from the contract.
- You must ensure that your appointed representative is available on the survey date agreed to be present to sign the survey sheet. We can assume that that any person who signs the survey sheet on your behalf is authorised by you, and our surveyor will not need to ask for proof of this authority.
5. Planning permission
Unless specifically agreed on this contract. It is your responsibility to obtain licences and planning permission or building regulations for installing windows, doors or conservatories and the company will not be responsible should further alterations be made after installation. The customer shall indemnity the company of underground services. The customer shall indemnity the company against any cost, expenses or claims for compensation.
6. Notice of the rights to cancel (including 14 day right to cancel)
- We may cancel this contract by giving you verbal and written notice at any time from the surveyor’s visit. If due to the surveyors report showing in the company’s opinion, the installation should not be carried out or an increase in the contract value has not been agreed, any liability in these circumstances is limited to a refund of any payments by the customer.
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days from the point of sale only. If you have entered into a contract and are paying by credit or credit agreement this will automatically be cancelled if the contract for goods or services is cancelled. If you wish to cancel the contract you must do so in writing and deliver personally or send (which may be electronic mail) to the address shown overleaf or below.
- Outside the cancellation period the company will charge a reasonable amount to cover cost incurred by us, which both parties will hopefully agree upon.
- Exemptionsfromthe 14 day cancellation period where RBF Group ltd has carried out urgent repairs or maintenance by request by you by the Commencement of work immediately form.
Complete, detach and return this form only if you wish to cancel the contract. Download here
- we will notify you in writing of a proposed installation date. The company reserves the right to alter this date due to bad weather or unforeseen circumstances or any health and safety problems. We shall re-schedule works as soon as practicable. The company will not be liable for delays that are beyond its reasonable control.
- Unless agreed separately on the contract you must remove or re-site any gas, electrical, plumbing. Satellite dishes, telephone cables, burglar/fire alarms, door bells including hidden cables not visible upon surveyor installation. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that all cables are disconnected.
- You must make sure our installers have reasonable access and time to complete the work. We may require access to electricity and water supplies.
- we will make good all brickwork, plaster and floors immediately next to each unit we install if we unavoidably caused the damage. We will make every effort to match decorative repair but if this is not always possible, particularly when the area is in a poor condition.
- If we carry out any building work, we will do everything reasonably possible to make sure we use matching brickwork or stone. However, we cannot guarantee this, particularly if the original brick or stone is weathered or there has been frost damage or there is a problem with locating from original source.
- On occasions a tie-bar will need to be fitted to support a conservatory roofing structure. It is the responsibility of the customer to allow this process to be fulfilled by the company. The customer will be informed about this immediately.
- Cosmetic trims and decorative trims between windows and the internal plaster wall and the fixing of the same are not covered under this warranty, however this does not affect your right to redress under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- cosmetic trims and decorative trims between windows and the internal plaster wall and the fixing of the same are not covered under this warranty and the company are not liable for the replacement or the repair of these items at any time after 28 days from the installation date, however this does not affect your right to redress under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- We guarantee all main profile PVCu products for colour, stability, shape, retention, strength and resistance from atmospheres containing salt, mortars and certain other materials used in the construction industry, as long as you regularly wash the frames with warm soapy water. Trustmark Roofing & Building reserves the right to repair any small marks or scratches to any of our products. This guarantee will last for a period of 10 years from the installation. We cannot guarantee gaskets against discolouration caused by nicotine, or naturally produced mould bacteria. Silicone seals are not guaranteed against discolouration caused by condensation.
- The performance and quality of the gaskets, locks, hinges, mechanisms and door panels are guaranteed for 5 years from the date of installation allowing for fair wear and tear. Composite doors and safety glass units are guaranteed for 10 years from the date of installation allowing for fair wear and tear. Non PVCu products including guttering are guaranteed for 5 years. Any electrical goods supplied will be guaranteed for a period of one year from the date of installation under the manufactures guarantee. Handles and locking mechanisms will require light oiling and cleaning periodically to uphold the guarantee.
- Ironmongery, brass, chrome and highly polished surfaces are not guaranteed for pitting, Scratching, tarnishing or any fault caused due to atmospheric conditions or cleaning products. In the case of lead products they will oxidise at first and normally darken later. This natural process is not guaranteed.
- We will try to ensure that the quality of the glass supplied meets the standards set by the glass and glazing industry and complies with BS6206. Polycarbonate roofing is not a sealed unit and cannot be guaranteed for water ingress, condensation, or mould in the chambers of the sheets. However, there may be minor faults which arise unavoidably from the manufacturing process of toughened and low emissivity glass and we cannot accept responsibility for these faults.
- In the respect of coloured sealed units, lead designs, customer’s own designs, the company cannot be held responsible for the colour matching, design or encapsulation of customers own existing units. These are specific products that are not covered under the guarantee or warranty for replacement or repair or guarantee to match with the customer’s requirement.
- Laminated and timber flooring are covered by a 12 month manufactures warranty.
- Any electronic appliances/devices that are supplied to the customer carry the manufactures guarantee only. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Plumbing - Labour guarantee 12 months. Materials guarantee pipes & radiators 5 years, valve 2 years. No guarantee can be given on customer’s existing materials (boiler, radiators ect) when we reuse or connect to.
- Nothing in this section limits a consumer’s right to redress under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
9. Limited warranty
- Under the terms of this contract the company is only limited to the replacement of goods installed by us and not any other company. The company cannot be liable for any costs or penalties from the customer in relation to replacing faulty or damaged installations or goods not supplied or installed by the RBF Group ltd. If any product can’t be replaced the company is permitted to provide the customer with a suitable alternative, the company cannot guarantee to replace the goods with like for like, but we will try our best to do so. This condition also applies if the item has been altered by the company’s suppliers.
- The company shall not be liable for water ingress through products installed or areas around the installation if the ingress is due to acts of god or if damage was caused by previous construction.
- The company shall not be liable for damage where any product installed could not be reasonably expected to withstand the type of exposure or inclement weather without damage.
- In the event of professional independent parties being involved in any dispute at the customer’s request the company shall pay an agreed amount, that has been agreed by all parties. In this instance the company must confirm in writing their acceptance of the professional third party’s credibility prior to the request being granted by the company to the customer.
- The company shall not be liable to the customer for any drainage caused to the surface of the premise by the companies/contactors vehicles or skips.
10. Customer Service/Warranties & Guarantees
- In order that the company may act upon their continuous improvement policy the customer or your representative must advise all requests for service calls, guarantees and complaints in writing. This applies on installations after 28 days from the installations date. In this instance the customer must supply the company with the company contact/guarantee number and the date of the installation before the company will respond to any request. The company regrets that all request after the 28 days will not be responded to unless they are in writing.This applies to our guarantee and does not affect you seeking other remedies under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- WWe will not be liable or have broken the contract if there is a delay carrying out services if the clause is beyond our reasonable control.
- The guarantee pledge will not apply: If any fault arises from fair wear and tear, deliberate damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow our instruction, misuse or alteration or repair of the goods without our written approval:For any faults if the total price for the goods has not been paid by the due date.
- You cannot transfer the guarantee unless you sell the property during the three years after the date when the installation is completed and apply for the transfer within 28 days of the date you transfer the ownership of the property. If this is the case, we will transfer the guarantee to the new owners, subject to a payable survey fee.
- The guarantee is supplied free of charge.
- The company cannot be liable for the following:
F.1 Losses that were not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed.
F.2 Losses that were not caused by any breach on the part of the trader.
F.3 Business losses, and/or losses to non-consumers
Authorisation of works
I/we have read and fully understand these terms and conditions and hereby agree to this contract with Polished Plastics. I am aware that I have a 14 day cancellation period from this date using the enclosed form.I/we may be required to pay for goods or service supplied up to the point of cancellation.
Commencement of work immediately
I/we Herby give notice that I/we wish the contract to commence without delay. However I/we are aware that we are still entitled to cancel within 14 day cancellation period, however in such circumstances I/we may be required to pay for goods or service supplied up to the point of cancellation.